STAY CONNECTED WITH THE CITY OF CLEAR LAKE SHORES!
- You can follow the City of Clear Lake Shores on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @CityofCLS
- You can also subscribe to our Youtube Channel ‘City of Clear Lake Shores, TX’
EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM: CLS CONNECT
To receive alerts via email or SMS, you can register to our emergency notification system “CLS Connect” by visiting our website www.clearlakeshores-tx.gov/clsconnect
NON-EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM: NOTIFYME
If you want to receive non-emergency notifications with City updates such as new Council agendas, council meeting dates or news flash articles, you can register to our non-emergency notification system “Notify Me” by visiting our website www.clearlakeshores.tx-gov/notifyme
OTHER WAYS TO STAY INFORMED
Have several ways to receive alerts.
- Download the FEMA app and receive real-time alerts from the National Weather Service. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FEMA APP
- Be aware of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA)- which requires no-sign up. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COMMUNITY ALERTS
- Know Your Alerts and Warnings (PDF)
- Emergency Alert System Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Kids: Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) and Word Search Puzzle (PDF)
- Educators: Wireless Emergency Alerts Instructional Materials (PDF)
- Wireless Emergency Alerts (English), PSA (:30) (Video)
- Wireless Emergency Alerts (Spanish), PSA (:30) (Video)
- Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) (Link)
- Emergency Alert System (Link)
- NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards (NWR) (Link)
An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department or ambulance. In case of an emergency you should always contact 911. If you’re not sure whether the situation is a true emergency, officials recommend calling 911 and letting the call-taker determine whether you need emergency help.
Another option to obtain emergency assistance is by dialing the 10-digit phone number of your local law enforcement. These numbers are staffed 24 hours per day, seven days a week. It is important to memorize your local 10-digit number in case 9-1-1 should fail. Though this is unlikely, you and your family must have a back-up plan and memorize these numbers:
- CLS Police Department 24-hour dispatch number:
Dial (281) 538-0659 and press 2 for dispatch.
- Galveston County Sheriff’s Department 24-hour dispatch number: Dial 409-766-2322 and press 2 for dispatch.
These numbers will provide immediate assistance from police, fire department or ambulance.
What if I need police or fire assistance, but it’s not an emergency?
Telecommunicators receive many calls throughout the day and night that have nothing to do with dangerous scenarios, like reports of power outages, missing pets, or questions about community events, so be sure to only contact 911 when you’re in an emergency that requires police, fire, or EMS.
Here is a list of non-emergency contact numbers for Clear Lake Shores:
- Clear Lake Shores City Hall (281) 334-2799
(City administration, City Secretary, Public Information Office, Public Works, Permits, Building department, Fire Marshal). City Hall office hours are Monday - Thursday from 8:00am to 5:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm
- CLS Police Department - OFFICE (281) 334-1034.
Our office number should be used for administrative calls, or questions during business hours. Police administration is available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm.
- Municipal Court (281) 334-0697
- Kemah Fire Dept 281-538-5727
- Bayou Animal Control (281) 337-3117
WCID#12 (281) 334-3331
Centerpoint electric outage (800) 332-7143
Centerpoint gas leak (888) 876-5786
AmeriWaste (281) 331-8400