Roads & Drainage Committee
The mission of the Clear Lake Shores Roads and Drainage Committee is to ensure the maintenance and repair the city's roadways, roadside drainage ditches, and roadside right of ways to provide a safe and reliable transportation network and a stormwater system that minimizes flooding and protects the environment.
The duties of the Roads and Drainage Committee are to:
- Keep informed of the condition of the city streets and drainage systems and recommend needed repairs or maintenance to the city administrator.
- Prioritize the streets and drainage facilities in need of repair or renovation, or replacement and keep records of such work.
- Assist the city's engineer in the design of street and drainage improvements.
- Review bids along with the city administrator that are received for said improvements.
- Make recommendations to the city administrator and the city council for the award of bids to the lowest and best bidder.
- Interface, as necessary, with other city entities such as the city building inspector, the economic development corporation, the planning and zoning commission, etc.
- Evaluate the performance of the city's engineering contractor yearly and make recommendations to the city administrator.
The committee shall be composed of five members with technical or business experience. Each member will be appointed by the city council for staggered two-year terms. In addition, the city administrator will be a standard, non-voting participant and a city council member will be appointed as a liaison and will also be a standard, non-voting participant.
Regular meetings meet no less than once a year unless special issues arise. During periods of construction, status meetings will be called with the contractor, engineer, inspector and Roads and Drainage members. During these meetings, a quorum may not be present.
The regular meetings are conducted in compliance with the Texas Ethics Training and as prescribed by Clear Lake Shores ordinances. At regular meetings, an agenda is prepared, and meeting minutes are taken and sent to the city administrator and the city secretary and posted on the city website.